We plan to travel for 12 months on this voyage, going only (or almost only) to places neither of us have been before. Our itinerary is flexible, but here is how it seems to be unfolding from where things stand now!
- 11/3/2013: Fly one-way from NYC to Cusco, Peru
- Early to Mid November 2013: Cusco area, Peru, including the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (finishing the trail on Jewels’s birthday!)
- Mid November to Mid December 2013: Travel around Bolivia, starting at Lake Titicaca and ending in the Salar de Uyuni and Atacama desert
- Mid to Late December 2013: Travel through Chile, beginning in the Atacama desert and ending in Patagonia (where we meet up with Mitch’s parents!)
- Early January 2014: Cruise to Antarctica from Ushuaia, Argentina. Major life bucket list check!
- Mid to Late January 2014: Explore northern Argentina (Salta & surroundings) and Buenos Aires with Jewels’s mom & her boyfriend.
- Late January 2014: Crazy-long flight from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Luang Prabang, Laos.
- February 2014: Thai Massage Circus (thai massage class + hippie paradise) near Luang Prabang, Laos. We start the course on Mitch’s birthday!
- Early March 2014: Explore Laos, starting in Luang Prabang and ending at the Cambodian border.
- Mid March to Early April 2014: Explore Cambodia.
- Early April 2014: Enter Thailand and head to the southern islands.
- Mid to Late April 2014: Trip to Myanmar with one of our best friends from home.
- May to Early June 2014: Plant down in northern Thailand and continue Thai Massage studies.
- Mid June 2014: Fly to Ladakh in northern India. Whip out some winter clothes and experience a total change of culture.
- Late June 2014: Head to Nepal for a few weeks and hope the rainy season doesn’t interfere too much with our enjoyment.
- Mid July 2014: Head to northern India, probably staying for 3-4 months. Figure out what comes next!
- November 2014: Fly back to NYC around here and get to see our little Neko cat, who we will miss terribly for the year we are away. (Huge thanks to Robert and Lyn for taking good care of him!)